Monday, October 21, 2019

Fall 2019 Honors Studies Dinner

Vol 4 No 6

The Honors dinner is one of my most treasured experiences in a semester.  I sit and listen to students from our Honors courses talk about how much their Honors experiences mean to them.  Faculty and staff know what we are trying to do with Honors, so to hear students echo those goals is one of the most rewarding times we can share with them.  I remember the first time that I decided I would throw caution to the wind and just start handing the microphone to people with no real plan for what to do if no one wanted to talk.  But, they did.  And they have ever since.  Once one student speaks up, the rest seem eager to share how special Honors is to them - for the learning they engage in, the encouragement and support they receive, and the people that they meet.

Come see just how many Honors friends you have that you haven't even met yet.  Come get fed and clothed and celebrated for the person you are and the person you are striving to be.

We will see you there.


I hope you can join us -  and bring your friends!  This dinner is open to ALL FLCC students, so come one, come all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment