Monday, September 19, 2022

Dreaming and Streaming....

 Our first talk of the semester!

Kris Wiedemann, an FLCC alum, coming back to campus to have a chat with us about his experiences since his graduation - specifically in regards to following his dreams and seeing what he can accomplish on Twitch.  He's been playing Nobody Saves the World, Cult of the Lamb, Valorant, Hunt: Showdown, and occasionally Minecraft.  Here's what he has to say about what he wants to talk about with us...

I graduated from FLCC with a degree focusing on American Sign Language with the intentions of transferring to NTID with FLCC’s well developed ASL program. Life had other plans, however, and today I work in the field of Graphic Design. In early 2021 I tried streaming and quit shortly after. But, the idea was living in my head. Then in 2022 I reevaluated life and realized I needed to give it an honest shot to know whether I would succeed or if it was a lost cause. Six months later I made affiliate and ended a 25 hour stream with nearly 250 people at the max viewership and the channel is still growing.

So, come join us!  We would love to have you come and listen to Kris' experience and answer any questions you might have!  Room 1480 is 'under' the library...take the stairs to the right BEFORE the entrance and the hallway is to your left at the bottom of those stairs.  Or you can pop into my personal WebEx room by following the QR Code below!





No comments:

Post a Comment