Sunday, February 2, 2020

Annie Says Hello


Vol 4 No 11

I'm always happy to have guest bloggers and it is even better when it is a student.  I'll let Annie introduce herself to you....I just wanted to invite all of YOU to contribute to the blog if you'd like.  Just drop me an email at trista.merrill@flcc.edu.  Happy writing!

Welcome back Curious Creatures!
Annie (right) and Dr. Merrill (left)

Allow me to introduce myself...

My name is Annie Black and I am a Nutrition and Dietetics major. I am in my final semester at FLCC and will surely miss my Honors family. I couldn’t be more grateful for Honors being a part of my time here, as well as our beloved Director Dr. Merrill.

The Spring 2020 semester has much in store for all of us, especially with Honors! I just want to take this time to say welcome back to all students, faculty and staff. We appreciate you all and your contributions to Honors, in whatever way that may be. With our first full week of classes coming to an end, I wanted to take the time to remind everyone of our marvelous Honors librarian, April Broughton. They are a great resource for any of your Honors researching needs, among many other things. If you’re looking for any other academic help the Write Place, Math Center, and Science Incubator are great places to start.

This semester we have THIRTEEN different Honors classes taught by 11 exceptional Professors. Don’t worry if you weren’t able to register for any Honors classes, because you can turn any 2 classes into an HON credit class by utilizing the Honors Contract. Did you know that classes are not the only way to earn Honors points? There will be several events throughout the semester that you will be able to attend to earn points as well. For those of you that would like to be a part of more Honors outside the class room, I encourage you to look into joining Honors club. I look forward to seeing how Honors brings us together this semester.

“All you have to be is curious”

The Science Incubator https://www.flcc.edu/incubator/


No comments:

Post a Comment